Applications for the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CA Dream Act Application are being accepted for the first time this year starting October 1st. High school seniors and their families are encouraged to attend a free Cash for College workshop for help in filling out their financial aid applications. Current high school seniors enrolled in a public school within the boundaries of West Contra Costa Unified School District who attend a Cash for College Night are eligible to win one of two $500 scholarships from the Ed Fund.
Come to the workshop with the documents that you have and that apply to you:
• Driver’s license, if you have one
• Social Security card number if you have one
• Alien registration number, if you have one
• Your 2015 income information
• Parent 2015 income information
• Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) – yours or your parents’
• Your tax and parent tax information; previous year taxes are okay for now if you don’t have 2015 tax information
• Any records of untaxed income such as welfare benefits, Social Security benefits, or child support payments
• List of colleges you are interested in attending
For a full list of workshops throughout the Bay Area, visit the Cash for College website at https://www.cash4college.csac.ca.gov/.