Guide4Web.final will direct you to view an online version of this year’s 2017 Summer Activity Guide to view details of available programs and activities
About Get Your Summer On!
Students who have access to music, art, science, sports and other enriching experiences during the summer and after school perform several grade levels ahead of their peers. High-quality out-of-school time programs provide students with learning experiences that lead to higher graduation rates, greater college enrollment and college completion, better preparation for the job market, and improved health and wellness outcomes for the duration of their lives.
In 2012, the Ed Fund launched the West Contra Costa Out-of-School Time Collaborative to focus on Out-of-School Time and summer programs for children and youth in our community. Our collaborative mission is to increase access to high quality Out-of-School-Time programs that inspire, empower and educate West Contra Costa County children and youth.
Get Your Summer On! gets kids involved in high quality summer programs so they can be safe, be active and keep learning. The summer learning programs showcased in our Get Your Summer On! Summer Activity Guide provide a balance of activities in academics, enrichment, and physical activities that include experiences to:
- Strengthen academics – such as reading, writing, math, science, and service projects –
in ways that are fun and engaging.
- Help children build skills – by helping them improve at doing something they enjoy
and care about.
- Foster cooperative learning – through team projects and group activities.
- Promote healthy habits – by providing nutritious food, physical recreation and outdoor
- Keep kids safe – by providing students and family’s supervised activities in the Out of
- Broaden students’ horizons – by exposing them to new adventures, experiences, and
Go to the following links for more challenges:
Kids’ Summer Ideas & Activities | Spoonful: Explore our best summer crafts, recipes and rainy-day activities, along with tips on staying safe all season long. Don’t forget our fun 4th of July crafts and recipes.
101 Fun Things To Do in the Summer | Parenting: Summer activities for kids, crafts, outdoor fun, travel ideas, cool-down treats, and lots more! Plus, check out these super-fun water games and activities.
PBS Parents: Info on child development, crafts, recipes, & more