Volunteer to become a Writer Coach at Kennedy High School today!
WriterCoach Connection is expanding its program at Kennedy High School as part of the Kennedy College Bound Network. The Kennedy College Bound Network, a collaboration between Kennedy High School, Ed Fund, Richmond Promise, WriterCoach Connection and the Richmond Chamber of Commerce, will be providing coordinated college strategies in grades 9-12 to significantly improve college readiness and access to ensure Kennedy students are prepared for post-secondary success.
Writer coaches work with students one-on-one on focused writing assignments and build caring relationships along the way. Coaches support students to think critically and to express their ideas in writing clearly and confidently. To develop these skills, crucial to college and career success, most students need more support than their schools can provide. Coaching is a way to engage with young people in our public schools and to be an integral part of our community.
Register to become a volunteer coach and attend an upcoming training. Please contact June Pangelinan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 510-685-7054 if you have any questions.
The Ed Fund is developing a variety of opportunities for community members to be introduced to the organization, including face-to-face meetings with major donors, monthly information sessions, an annual fundraising breakfast, and donor cultivation and recognition events.
Purpose of Committee: Committee members will assist in identifying and cultivating potential supporters to expand the Ed Fund’s giving base and build a self-sustaining donor program.<br.
1. Cultivate and solicit assigned major donors: thank donors upon receipt of donation, accompany staff on
face-to-face informational and solicitation meetings, invite donors to events and to participate in volunteer opportunities, and follow up with targeted communication on donor areas of interest.
2. Canvass small businesses in West Contra Costa County about joining Business Partnership Program.
3. Target potential supporters to attend Ed Fund monthly information sessions and actively promote information sessions to interested parties
4. Plan and host the Ed Fund’s inaugural one-hour free breakfast Fundraising Breakfast on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 7:30-8:30am in Richmond, designed to introduce community members to the Ed Fund and to ask for their multi-year support.
5. Commit to being a Table Captain, if possible and identify and recruit Table Captains to host a table of ten or more guests at the Fundraising Breakfast.
6. Lead Board of Directors’ Thank-a-Thon to personally thank all donors who have made a gift in 2017.
7. Plan and organize free feel-good cultivation events, including a Film Screening and our annual Soaring to Excellence Celebration honoring collaborative partners, teachers and students.
8. Conduct follow up calls to guests to thank them for attending fundraising and cultivation events and to ask them how they would further like to become involved with the Ed Fund.
1. Commitment to education
2. Strong phone skills
3. Demonstrated ability to work well and in a positive manner with people of diverse backgrounds
4. Willingness to attend all meetings and participate in appropriate fundraising activities
5. Attend Ed Talks, a one-hour introduction session on the second Wednesday of the month September through June from 7:00-8:00pm at the Ed Fund offices at 217C West Richmond Avenue, Point Richmond. Register here to attend.
For more information, please contact Ed Fund Development Staff at 510-233-1464 ext. 103 or at email@example.com.
The Program Committee is a standing committee of the Ed Fund. The committee is established to support the Program Department, and when appropriate, report to the Board of Directors. The Program Director shall chair the Committee. The Committee may include both Director and non-Director persons whose experience and qualifications may assist the Program Director in fulfilling department goals and responsibilities.
The Committee shall meet as necessary and appropriate at the call of the Program Director. The purpose of the Committee is to provide strategic planning and policy support to ensure focus and direction f programs and services.
Acting with the Program Director, the Program Committee shall:
• Develop and review policies and procedures governing the programs and services to be offered by the Ed Fund.
• Provide policy guidance and consultation for the Program Director in setting priorities for programs and services.
• Establish policies and guidelines with the Program Director to establish collaborative arrangements with other organizations and providers of services.
• Ensure that the Ed Fund:
1. Has in place a program evaluation process that measures that help achieve the Ed Fund mission;
2. Regularly uses the evaluation data to inform and continuously improve Ed Fund programs;
3. Uses evaluation data to educate the community (including funders) regarding the work and effectiveness of Ed Fund and its programs.
• Commitment to education.
• Strong communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well and in a positive manner with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Willingness to attend all meetings and participate in program events.
For more information, please contact Ed Fund Program Director at 510-233-1464 ext. 104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.