Each year, the Ed Fund recognizes the dedication and hard work of teachers, staff, and volunteers who work in West County public schools and have made a significant impact in students’ lives. This year, awardees will be acknowledged at our 27th Annual Celebration: Soaring to Excellence, on Thursday, April 30, 2015.
Congratulations to our 2015 Teaching Excellence Award Recipients!
Brent Knapp, Special Education Teacher, Lupine Hills Elementary School
Maribel Lopez, 2nd Grade Teacher, Dover Elementary School
Molly Salyk, 2nd Grade Teacher, Coronado Elementary School
Andre Shie, 7th Grade and Pre-Algebra Teacher, Walter T. Helms Middle School
Keith Valdez, Kindergarten Teacher, Hannah Ranch Elementary School
Who to Nominate
Any certificated teacher, non-certificated staff, counselor, or citizen who has significantly enhanced the ability of students in the West Contra Costa District to achieve excellence.
Who can Nominate
Any community member.
How to Nominate
- Teaching Excellence Award nominations become available online in the Fall of every year
- Late submissions will not be considered
How Awards are Decided
- An Ed Fund committee reviews and rates nominations
- Selected teachers are chosen to move on to the next round of classroom observations
- Finalists are then selected and are interviewed by the review committee
- Four teachers are named Teaching Excellence Award Winners and submit an application for the Contra Costa County Teacher of the Year award
When Will the Awardees be Honored
The Ed Fund Soaring to Excellence Celebration on Thursday, April 30, 2015.
Contact Nikki Arenal, Ed Fund Program Associate, with any questions: (510) 233-1464 ext.102 or