The Ed Fund is proud to launch our
2014 Expanded Learning Leadership Cohort
for WCCOST Member Organizations
What is the Leadership Cohort?
The 2014 Expanding Learning Leadership Cohort will convene a cohort up to 10 site directors of after school programs to focus on best practices and program quality. The cohort will meet from January – June 2014. The Cohort will meet once per month for 3 hours and will also include an additional training session and 1-2 off-site program visits. Selected site leaders will be expected to attend scheduled meetings, critically reflect on their work, take part in professional development opportunities, and share best practices with their staff.
Who should apply?
Organizations are invited to nominate Site Directors if they 1) operate city or community-based comprehensive after school and summer programs, and 2) work for organizations that are members of the West County Out of School Time Collaborative. The deadline for nominations is Thursday 12/19. Cohort participants will be notified by 12/31.
What are the anticipated benefits of the Leadership Cohort?
- Professional Development and technical assistance support
- Networking with peers
- Access to best practices
- FREE Training, Curriculum, and Services to support quality programming at the program site:
- KidzScience Training for Site Coordinator & 1 program staff member
- FREE use of KidzScience kits during Spring 2014
- Funded contract for Specialty Arts/Music provider at your site during Summer 2014
Requirements for participation
- Organizations must be a paid member of the West County Out-of-School Time Collaborative
- Cost per participant is $150. Scholarships are available