Looking for a Fiscal Sponsor?
The Ed Fund provides 501(C)(3) fiscal sponsorship to schools, PTAs, the West Contra Costa Unified School District (and its departments), and other education oriented projects. Fiscal Sponsorship may be the right choice for you if you want to focus on your project without having to worry about your insurance coverage, human resources expertise, and grant management services. Fiscal sponsorship allows you the opportunity to devote your time to what matters to you—serving the students and schools of West Contra Costa.
Do you have a project that supports K-12 students and/or is helping communities in West Contra Costa? Then we might be a good fit for you. The Ed Fund provides fiscal sponsorship for projects whose core values and mission are aligned with our own.
The Ed Fund’s Mission: When communities work together to eliminate inequities, our youth will thrive. West Contra Costa Public Education Fund mobilizes resources for our students and aligns the efforts of our partners to ensure that all students succeed in college, career and life.
As fiscal sponsor, the Ed Fund serves as a financial and legal umbrella for sponsored projects. The fiscal project is responsible for project management, fundraising, annual plan and budget. We charge 8.0% on all incoming revenue as an administrative fee for the services we provide.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Our financial services include fund based accounting according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). We maintain a separate bank account for fiscal projects so your funds are not co-mingled with the organization’s funds;
- Sponsored projects are specifically covered under the Ed Fund’s insurance policies, and as a fiscal project you are covered under our annual audit, and in our Federal and State tax filings;
- We provide fiscal grant management of federal, state and local grants and contracts. This includes support in preparing and submitting the grant, invoicing, payouts, periodic and final reporting.
- You receive full accounting support services along with quarterly financial reports for your project;
- Background and fingerprinting management;
- Listing on our website where you can add your project blurb and a link to your own website, Facebook page or other social media connection;
- Spotlight in our monthly e-newsletter.
The Ed Fund also offers fiscal and administrative services to 501(C)(3) organizations that can benefit from our experience, reputation and economies of scale.
Budget Development – $250
Grant writing – $75/hour
Organizational Development Package – $1,000 – includes support for board development and governance, developing policies
Fund Development Package – $1,000 – includes grant research and developing a grant template for your use in applying for grants
Program Development Package – $1,000 – includes support with program design, implementation and evaluation
If you are interested in the Ed Fund’s Fiscal Sponsorship or Administration Services for your project or organization, please fill out the Fiscal Fiscal Sponsorship Letter of Inquiry. For any general questions, please contact Beth Wright, Business & Finance Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOCUMENTS FOR PROSPECTIVE FISCAL PROJECTS
- Fiscal Sponsorship Letter of Inquiry
- Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement
- Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement – Exhibit 1
DOCUMENTS FOR CURRENT FISCAL PROJECTS
If you would like to become a sponsored project of the Ed Fund in order to solicit tax-deductible donations and apply for grants, please call the Ed Fund at (510) 233-1464.